Have you heard about Gynecomastia before?
Gynecomastia (Turkey, Istanbul) means enlargement of the glandular tissue of the male breast. In this case, boy or man breasts enlarge and grow similarly to that of the female breast due to weight gain and an imbalance in normal hormone levels in the body.
Reasons to Have a gynecomastia (Turkey, Istanbul)
There are dozens of reasons that can lead to male breast growth, gynecomastia, such as; hormonal disturbance, with a relative excess of estrogens (female hormones) when compared to androgens (male hormones). Cases are mainly seen during infancy and puberty in normally developing boys (13-15 years of age) and the vast majority of these (70-90%) correct themselves within 1-2 years with the breasts returning to their normal size. Reasons to have a gynecomastia can be listed as:
- Swelling & tightness
- Tenderness & pain.
- Physical and psychological discomfort caused by the look of enlarged breasts.
- Risk of breast cancer.
Cancer is unilateral at one side. It may feel hard or firm and can be associated with dimpling of the skin, retraction of the nipple, nipple discharge, and enlargement of the underarm (axillary) lymph nodes.
Diseases and conditions can cause gynecomastia (Turkey, Istanbul)
There are many diseases and conditions that can cause gynecomastia. These include:
- Malnutrition and starvation.
- Tumors in the testicles or adrenal glands.
- Liver illness or cirrhosis.
- Hyperthyroidism & Hypoandrogenism & Hypogonadism.
- Chronic Kidney diseases.
Medications and drugs can cause gynecomastia (Turkey, Istanbul)
Gynecomastia can result as a side effect of some medications and drugs such as:
- Corticosteroids and anabolic steroids which are sometimes used illegally by athletes to build muscle and enhance performance.
- Anti-anxiety medications, such as diazepam (Valium).
- Ulcer medications, such as the over-the-counter drug cimetidine (Tagamet HB).
- Cancer treatment.
- Heart medications, such as digoxin (Lanoxin) and calcium channel blockers.
- Stomach-emptying medications, such as metoclopramide (Reglan).
- Tricyclic antidepressants.
Street drugs and alcohol and Herbal products can cause gynecomastia in (Turkey, Istanbul)
There are other Substances that can cause gynecomastia include:
- Amphetamines, used to treat attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder
- Methadone (Methadose, Dolophine)
- Herbal products: Plant oils, such as tea tree or lavender, used in shampoos, soaps or lotions.
Age Range of Gynecomastia (Turkey, Istanbul)
Gynecomastia can occur at different times in a male’s life. These phases are:
- After birth because Newborn boys are still under the effects of the maternal estrogen from their mothers during intrauterine life. The gynecomastia goes away within two to three weeks after birth.
- At puberty due to Hormone levels changes during puberty (12 to 14 years of age). Breast enlargement usually goes away six months to two years after the start of puberty.
- At mid-life and beyond (in men between the ages of 50 and 80).
This operation can be carried out on men when puberty has finished at around 17 years of age. It is not recommended for patients any younger before this physiological stage has finished. Before deciding to operate on a youth still in puberty, it is best to wait another 2 years. However, the doctor must differentiate between gynecomastia and male breast cancer.
How do I know if I have gynecomastia (Turkey, Istanbul)? The diagnosis of gynecomastia is based on patient history includes medications and diseases, symptoms, examination of breast and investigations. The doctor must examine the breast to determine the type of gynecomastia and the suitable operation according to the patient condition; if it is caused solely by excess fat tissue or not and if there is excess breast tissue, too. In cases caused by breast gland growth, it will be removed by gynecomastia. In cases caused by excessive fat, it will be removed by Liposuction Estethica Global that removes breast fat but not the breast gland tissue itself. In cases where the breasts are excessively large, it may be necessary to remove excess skin and tighten it.
Anaesthesia & Duration of Procedure
Gynecomasties (Turkey, Istanbul) can be carried out under either local or general anaesthetic, depending on your doctor decision and your condition based on your age and your breasts size. The operation lasts 1-1.5 hours, on average. After the procedure, you can leave the medical center on the evening of the operation or the next day.
Things to Pay Attention to Post-Surgery
- You should regularly wear the corset recommended by your doctor for 3-4 weeks.
- You shouldn't wear tight-fitting clothing for the first few months.
- You should be sure that regrowth of breast is impossible as all breast tissue is removed during the breast reduction procedure.
You can return to their normal daily activities the day following the operation and can shower/bathe after 2-3 days.